GR8TOPS Half Hardtops for Jeeps
Here at GR8TOPS, we love anything old school Jeep. The Safari Top oozes old school Jeep.
Modeled after the Meyers hardtops in the late 70s and the World Cab hardtops that were on export Overlander CJ-8s and the rare Alaskan postal Scramblers, these unique looking hardtops give your 1997-2006 Wrangler TJ an appearance like nothing on the market today. This top has hardcore roots in (somewhat obscure) Jeep history.
The complete hardtop kit consists of the following basic body panels
- two side panels that wrap around the rear corners of the jeep and contain the side sliding windows and rear quarter windows
- two door surround panels that bolt to the side panels and attach to the windshield frame
- one roof panel complete with integrated drip rail and inner shell for mounting accessories
- one upper tailgate panel that contains the rear door window and which converts your tailgate into a full-height rear barn door
This multi-panel design gives you two options on removing the top:
1. Each of the five panels that comprise the top can be unbolted individually to be removed from the Jeep..
2. You can remove the whole hardtop at once like a traditional hardtop.
Aside from the unique multi-panel design, these tops feature:
- sliding/screened side windows and four additional small windows
- easily removable rear barn door upper insert that opens with the tailgate
- integrated inner roof support system and center console that allows mounting of minor accessory items (CB, small switch panels etc)
- exterior finish of body panels to color match your Jeep
The pricing of the tops is as follows:
|Base price (black or white exterior gelcoat)||$3800|
|automotive paint color matching side panels (roof panel not included)||$600|
|Roof rack - includes crossbar mounting feet, tracks, crossbars, hardware and installation||$400|
|LED third brake light||$75|
We are currently requiring the tops to be installed on site at our shop in Lexington, SC. We are not shipping the tops at this time
See our other page for the status of the 2004-2006 Wrangler Unlimited LJ version. There is currently no JK version but please keep watch on our facebook page and/or subscribe to our newsletter for any updates and/or direction on those models. We will not be doing any product development for Safari Cabs for CJ.
Please be sure you visit the public Facebook photo album (no FB account needed) to view recent pictures and installs HERE.
Give us a call to get more details on how to start the build of your Safari Cab full hardtop for your TJ Wrangler.
GR8TOPS will be a supporting vendor this Saturday at a local event here in Columbia, SC. If you're in South Carolina, come on our to the event that will be held from 9-4pm. The event is being put on by OFFROADSC.COM and our local Jeep Club Mid Carolina Jeepers.
Just a few of the other things going on during the day include:
- Jeep parts swap meet
- Show n Shine with 4 different classes and awards
- RTI ramp
- Jeep Teeter Totter
- Remote Control jeeps rock crawl course and competition
- Prize Raffle at 3:00pm
GR8TOPS will have a vendor both at this event with the Safari Cab LJ and possibly another new variant of the Safari Cab. We will also be bringing out a lot of our take off parts to sell at the swap meet area.
See the complete information on this downloadable flyer HERE. A local BBQ place will also be coming out and setting up as well.
We hope to see you out there..
Page 1 of 3